My new book, a novel, “Leela’s Gift” has been released. In fact it can be viewed at http://lulu.com/spotlight/JLevine1. It will soon be (early August) available at amazon.com and many online venues where book are sold as well as in book stores (remember www.indiebound.org and independent book stores). “Leela’s Gift” is the story of a luminous inner spiritual journey. It is set in New York and high in the Himalayas near Darjeeling in northern India. The novel uncovers archetypal and highly relevant spiritual teachings. East meet west in Leela. The book offers teachings on meditation and yoga, practical paths to freedom from the often dispiriting and desperate quality of our contemporary lives. The novel intertwines Leela’s journey with modern philosophy and primal wisdom and is infused with some of the inner teachings of Buddhism and the Enneagram. “Leela’s Gift” tells a story as old as the human heart.
- Janet Levine Blog/Review in New York Journal of Books: Parisian Lives (Posted on November 14, 2019)
- Janet Levine Blog/Review in New York Journal of Books: Wild Life: Memoir (Posted November 14, 2019)
- Janet Levine Blog/Review in New York Journal of Books: Cantoras: A Novel (Posted November 6 2019)
- Janet Levine Blog: NYJB REVIEW: Paper Chains: A Novel
- Janet Levine Blog: NYJB REVIEW: The Resurrection of Joan Ashby
adolescents apartheid Buddhahood Buddhism Children colleges consciousness creativity cyberspace Desert Fathers E-model E-types education Enneagram fiction gardening Generation E high school human rights Janet Levine janetlevine.com Kabbalah Leela's Gift mediation meditation Mind-training mind structure Parenting Parents patience Plato publishing ralph waldo emerson rebirth reconciliation relationships south africa stress Sufi teacher Triads Personality Inventory Universal Forms Vedic origins www.janetlevine.com yoga